Here is an update on what me and Elijah have been up to this past summer! We went to Virginia and had a good visit with his family. It was really good to spend time with them and to get to know them better. While we were there I got to go to Virginia Beach for the first time. It was a blast and a nice relaxation from school and work. One night we had dinner at California Pizza Kitchen and this is one of my favorite pictures. To bad Mamma Larson and Brittney weren't in it. We had the server take the picture and I was sad it turned out a little blurry.
We went to this fabulous 80's concert and saw the Legwarmers play! They were this really fun 80's band and I knew most of the music. The highlight of the night is when they played Love Shack! My ultimate favorite 80's song!!
We also went to Mt. Vernon, VA and saw George Washington's estate. It was so beautiful and very advanced for its time.
This was a view from the back of the house and the porch went the entire lenght of the house! Could you imagine drinking lemonade with that view? I think I would be in heaven.
This was one of my favorite parts of the estate. During the time that George Washington lived in Mt. Vernon he had around 312 slaves working for him. It was his wish that when he died that all his slaves would be freed. This was a monument for all the slaves that worked at Mt. Vernon and spent their lives in Washington's service.
No comments:
Post a Comment